by Gourmet Guide, Jenny Handley
1 large or 2 medium bulbs fennel, well washed
1 large bunch radishes, topped and tailed
2 blood oranges
15g fresh mint
15g fresh parsley
2T cumin seeds, roasted
50ml olive oil
zest of 2 blood oranges
juice and zest of a lemon
1T Dijon mustard
- Shave the fennel bulb and radishes finely on a mandolin.
- Chop the stalks of the fennel, and some of the leaves, and add.
- Place in a mixing bowl.
- Zest the oranges and keep for the dressing.
- Peel and segment the oranges, cut in half and add to the fennel with the capers.
- Chop the herbs finely.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together, shake well and mix with the salad ingredients.
- Place the salad on a platter and top with cumin seeds.